Sergio Garcia has won in Spain in back to back weeks and Jay thinks that the wins may have already qualified him for the Ryder Cup at Medinah in 2012. Even if it does not, he thinks that Garcia will definitely be on the European Ryder Cup team. One of the most impressive things about his win along with the fact that he is playing so well in his overall game is the fact that he is the first Spaniard to win a stroke play event at Valderrama. He thinks that Sergio’s putting is as good as he has ever seen it and when he decided to start using the claw grip on the greens, that was when he knew that Sergio was serious about getting his game back to a high level.
From his point of view, he thinks that it is farcical that a non-PGA TOUR member cannot get an official PGA TOUR win and a three-year exemption for winning the WGC-HSBC Champions. If it is a WGC event, he thinks that everyone in the field should be eligible for the same reward for winning. Looking ahead to Shanghai, he thinks that Rory has to be considered a favorite to win as he is already in Shanghai and he won the Shanghai Masters last week.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman ready to defend Senior PGA title | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management