16-time PGA TOUR winner and 2003 U.S. Open Champion Jim Furyk is playing in the Arnold Palmer Invitational this week. He and his wife Tabitha started their own foundation last year and they will be having a fundraising golf tournament at Sawgrass Country Club in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida this coming Monday. There are a couple of spaces left for groups and there will be a number of great PGA TOUR pros and celebrities participating. It will be a lot of fun and will raise a lot of money for his foundation.
He has been thinking about the March 26th event for the last 6 weeks and actually feels a little bad that he is playing in a tournament this week while his wife Tabitha has been working very, very hard to organize the details of the event and make sure that everything is ready for Monday.
He gained a lot of confidence last week with his playoff loss in the Transitions Championship. 2011 was not one of his best seasons and it feels good to be playing well again and putting himself in contention to win. He certainly would have loved to win at Innisbrook on Sunday but he feels like he gained a lot of confidence which will help him in the future.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path