16-time PGA TOUR winner and 2003 U.S. Open Champion Jim Furyk is playing in the Arnold Palmer Invitational this week. He and his wife Tabitha started their own foundation last year and they will be having a fundraising golf tournament at Sawgrass Country Club in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida this coming Monday. There are a couple of spaces left for groups and there will be a number of great PGA TOUR pros and celebrities participating. It will be a lot of fun and will raise a lot of money for his foundation.
He has been thinking about the March 26th event for the last 6 weeks and actually feels a little bad that he is playing in a tournament this week while his wife Tabitha has been working very, very hard to organize the details of the event and make sure that everything is ready for Monday.
He gained a lot of confidence last week with his playoff loss in the Transitions Championship. 2011 was not one of his best seasons and it feels good to be playing well again and putting himself in contention to win. He certainly would have loved to win at Innisbrook on Sunday but he feels like he gained a lot of confidence which will help him in the future.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia makes controversial Woods remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth