Golf Channel on NBC Essayist Jimmy Roberts is in Doral, Florida this week for the WGC-Cadillac Championship. Having covered Tiger Woods for many years, Roberts thinks that people have missed the excitement that he brings to the game of golf. Tiger created a buzz after his final round 62 at The Honda Classic that was really unlike any other kind of buzz in golf.
Looking ahead to the 2016 Olympics, he is most excited about the idea that you could get an exciting tournament on an enormous stage that will involve the best players from all over the world which will increase a great amount of interest. However, he is also concerned that golf will turn into tennis in the Olympics. Many people cannot remember who won the gold medal in tennis year after year and Roberts hopes that golf does not follow that path.
The best part of Rory McIlroy is that he seems to understand the importance of being good to people and being a good personality along with being a great player. If McIlroy continues to play the way he has and continues to bring his positive qualities to the game of golf, it is quite possible that Rory will be able to infuse a lot of great energy into the game of golf for the foreseeable future.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path