Walker is playing in the Zurich Classic of New Orleans this week and in order to be successful at TPC Louisiana you have to drive the ball well because there is a lot of water. You also have the trademark bunkers and hazards of course designer Pete Dye to deal with so the course this week can be quite a challenge.
Phil Mickelson is the biggest name that he has ever played a competitive round with and he was amazed at his rapport with the patrons. The crowds were rooting for him all day and he was able to relate to everyone on a high level. He definitely learned a lot from playing with him during the Northern Trust Open this year.
He is sponsored by Insperity and has been with them ever since he turned pro. The company is run by a lot of great people and they are very passionate about golf as seen by their sponsorship of a Champions Tour event as well as other tournaments and players. He has attended a number of corporate outings and dinners in the past and he has enjoyed meeting a lot of great people and learning about what Insperity does.
His wife did not make the trip this week but he is still visiting a lot of local restaurants. The food is so good in New Orleans that you pretty much have to fast the week before and he is looking forward to enjoying a number of the local establishments.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process