When asked about George O’Grady’s comments that the Race to Dubai format will be changed for the 2013 season, Feinstein said that he was not sure about the potential changes especially because they are apparently inspired in part by the FedExCup Playoffs. He has said on numerous occasions that he is not a fan of the FedExCup system. If he had his way, he would place less weight on the WGC events instead of putting more weight on the European Tour events.
A number of notable names failed to advance out of second stage into the final stage of the last Q School to award PGA TOUR cards although some big names did. Shaun Micheel, Todd Hamilton, Erik Compton, and Len Mattiace made it through although Lee Janzen, Jesper Parnevik, Jordan Spieth, and Rich Beem were among those who did not. When the final stage begins, there will be a lot of great stories to follow just as there have been numerous great stories every year. While he is admittedly biased, he does not agree with the decision to stop awarding PGA TOUR cards through Q School. It is a very unique event and it will be missed by a lot of people although he also understands that this was a business decision.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose