When it comes to what Rory McIlroy can do over the next 18-24 months, Feinstein said that there is no limit to what the World #1 can do. Feinstein admitted that he has been a big fan of McIlroy for the last 3 years and he loves that Rory seems to be willing and eager to embrace popularity while also trying to transcend the game of golf.
He has felt for a number of years that like other sports, the FedExCup Playoffs should have everyone start at zero. The best 32 players in the first three events would then move on to The TOUR Championship which should be played as a Match Play event to determine who would win the FedExCup. One of the many potential advantages would be knowing exactly who can and who does win and when it comes to ratings, they will never be as high as the PGA TOUR wants because they are going up against the NFL.
John Huh is one of the great stories in golf in 2012 because one year ago, he did not have any status on any tour. He earns his PGA TOUR card in Q-School by one stroke, wins the Mayakoba Golf Classic, and now he has qualified for the TOUR Championship which gets him into three Majors in 2013.
He has mixed emotions about the idea of the Ryder Cup moving from three days to four days in a way similar to what the Presidents Cup has done. There is something to the idea of not giving people too much of something and he is concerned that if the Ryder Cup expands to four days, it will become more likely that one team will rout the other team and the final day will be anticlimactic.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A announce ban on anchored stroke
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Paul McGinley Adds Captain's Pick for 'Extra Flexibility'
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae