When asked what he and Bubba have in common, Hawkins said that they are both quirky and left-handed but that is about it. Bubba plays left-handed while Hawkins plays right-handed and Bubba has a lot more money than he does.
Physically, Bubba Watson has all of the gifts and talents he needs to succeed in golf but Hawkins is concerned about the quality of his putting and the inconsistency of his emotions. Bubba gets worked up very easily and can go from high to low very quickly. Until Bubba has those two things under control, Hawkins does not see Bubba winning more Majors and winning multiple times a year.
Ben Curtis is one of those players who has won a Major Championship but is still trying to add more wins. It is great that Curtis won last week but the fact of the matter is that the Valero Texas Open had the weakest field of the year. He thinks Curtis will win again but he does not see Curtis being a member of the 2012 U.S. Ryder Cup team.
When it comes to publicizing fines and suspensions, Hawkins supports the idea and thinks that making those decisions would deter future behavior in those players and other players. As it is right now, no one knows if a player has been fined and their money is taken out of their paychecks. While he supports publicizing fines, he does not think that golf has much of a problem with this overall and feels that golf largely consists of good people who behave well.
Being from Maryland, Hawkins love seafood and he loves the seafood in New Orleans. It is a fun place to visit and enjoy going to a variety of restaurants in the city. New Orleans has experienced a lot of tragedy but it is still a great city.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose