When asked about Tiger’s decision to substitute a web conference with fans for a media conference, Hawkins said that he was not offended by the decision but he disagrees with Tiger. In 2010, Tiger said that he does not make the rules. Hawkins doubts that Tiger ever really believed that and Tiger is someone who craves control over every detail of his life. The decision to not do a News Conference hurts the PGA TOUR and the Wells Fargo Championship. Hawkins thinks that Tiger should be going in the other direction after what he did during The Masters and thinks that Tiger may be trying to duck the media as he does not like confrontation.
He thinks that the media has always been reticent to go after Tiger Woods. Hawkins thinks that Tiger will do news conferences at the Majors and when he is a defending champion but otherwise he will eventually substitute web conferences for news conferences. Mark Steinberg called it a “one-off” which translates to “only a matter of time.”
Quail Hollow Club is an amazing golf course with a great clubhouse and great facilities across some beautiful North Carolina land. Players almost unanimously love Quail Hollow and it would be in the top 5 of almost every tour pro. It is amazing that the PGA TOUR left Quail Hollow and Charlotte years ago but it is wonderful that the PGA TOUR is back.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots