This is the final week of the season and #1 on the Money List is up for grabs and although both Webb Simpson and Luke Donald are playing, he feels that Simpson has the clear advantage as he leads by $363,000 and finished runner-up at Sea Island last week (he said Simpson actually should have won). Simpson seems to contend every week he tees it up and he could well win this week at Disney as well. He does not know how much Luke Donald has played recently and his deficit behind Simpson requires him to win or finish second to even have a chance to win the Money Title. He feels that Webb Simpson is the PGA TOUR Player of the Year and feels that his consistency in 2011 will be what convinces the PGA TOUR players to vote for Simpson despite the fact that he does not have a Major win unlike Keegan Bradley or Charl Schwartzel. He feels that when determining Player of the Year, you look at the overall body of work. You certainly look at wins in PGA TOUR events and Major wins but you also take into account overall consistency of finishes and performance and when you take all of that into account, Webb Simpson has the advantage over Luke Donald and anyone else. Fred Couples says that Greg Norman and others are picking on Tiger Woods and Hawkins thinks that Norman is very media savvy in that by rattling Tiger’s cage and getting attention for his comments, the Presidents Cup is getting much more attention than it would usually receive. He said that 40% of serious golf fans cannot stand Tiger Woods and they are certainly letting those opinions be heard especially after the events in late 2009 and early 2010.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots