SiriusXM PGA TOUR Network Analyst John Maginnes is a part of Golf Channel’s broadcast of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Invitational on the Web.com Tour at The Ohio State University’s Scarlet Course in Columbus, Ohio. Trevor Murphy shot a first round 63 on Thursday and he recorded his best career finish on the Web.com Tour in this event. 2012 has been a struggle for Murphy as he is outside the top 100 on the Money List right now. However, Murphy loves this course as he not only has the course record on the Scarlet Course with 63 but he also has the record on the shorter Gray Course with a 56.
Casey Wittenberg is seeking his third win of the 2012 season which would give him a performance promotion to the PGA TOUR. He will definitely be a part of The 25 this year so the only question is how high he can go on the Money List. Also, more than one person on the Web.com Tour earned his performance promotion in Omaha, Nebraska and that event is next week. When Wittenberg was an amateur, many thought that he was on his way to being a superstar but he has definitely had to learn and grow as a professional golfer.
This event has a younger feel because of the presence of the first-team All-Americans but the presence of veterans like Lee Janzen and Jason Gore show that the Web.com Tour is a stepping stone whether it is a step forward or a step backward. Some use the tour as a way to get to the PGA TOUR while others use the tour as a way to get back to the PGA TOUR.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots