Warren Humphreys is a European Tour analyst who is in Dubai this week for the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. After 36 holes, the top story at the Emirates Golf Club is that three of the top four players in the world are in contention to win the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. The weather has been absolutely perfect so far this week with very little breeze but Sunday’s forecast has a lot of wind so it will be interesting to see the impact on the leaderboard.
It has always been great to see American players come to Dubai and play and while Tiger Woods is not there this year, everyone loves having guys like Mark O’Meara, Fred Couples, and Ben Curtis in the field. Dubai as well as any host city on the European Tour would love to have as many Americans as possible in the field.
If the weather is calm, the scores should remain low. However, the rough seems to be growing longer every day and if the winds increase, the personality of the course will change dramatically. Looking ahead to Sunday, Rory McIlroy does not have that good of a history at Emirates Golf Club while Martin Kaymer seems to be very enthusiastic about his game and is very excited to get the third round started. If both can play well on Saturday, it will set the stage for an exciting final round.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management