Lee Westwood entered the final round with the lead but ended up tied for 2nd and at the end of the final round, he was a deeply disappointed man and Westwood’s manager Chubby Chandler seemed to be as concerned about Lee as he has ever been. Everyone knows that Westwood is a great player tee to green but unlike the past, he is having a lot of problems with his putting. He had a lot of chances to score with his putter in the final round and simply put he did not take advantage. He is putting well on the practice green but he seems to be unable to take that to the course. Westwood is a very talented player but this round has left a number of question marks surrounding his game as we get closer to The Masters.
On the 18th hole on Sunday, Westwood hit a great drive but he left himself with a hanging lie and then hit his second shot over the green in a place where he was forced to leave himself with a long birdie putt to tie Cabrera-Bello which he failed to make. Westwood should be really hurt that he was unable to birdie 15, 16, 17, or 18 down the stretch.
Rafael Cabrera-Bello is representative of the 2012 Desert Swing as for three straight weeks, you have three solid players win in fields that are filled with the best players in the world. What Rock, Lawrie, and Cabrera-Bello show is that form may be more valuable than class. Cabrera-Bello had a solid game all week and he comes from a golfing family. He is a very smart guy and he has shown steady progression in his career from the amateur to the professional ranks. He would not be surprised to see Cabrera-Bello break out with more wins following his triumph in Dubai.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process