Former European Ryder Cup Team Member Ken Brown is a European Tour Analyst and is in Dubai this week for the Dubai World Championship. Luke Donald has played some remarkable golf in 2011 but his third round 66 was especially exceptional especially considering the fact that there is a lot of rough and Donald is using his driving accuracy to his advantage. However, Donald will need a final round 66 to have any chance to beat Alvaro Quiros on Sunday. Rory McIlroy got off to a great start on Thursday but he is clearly not feeling well this weekend as he looked a bit pale on the first tee and his performance shows it. If he is going to have any chance to win, he will have to shoot a very, very low score on Sunday.
Luke Donald is a player who has worked very hard on every aspect of his game and his improvement with his driving accuracy to go with his already strong putting and short game has put him on a whole new level. However, it is so important to win a Major Championship because that is how you are ultimately remembered. Donald has all the attributes to win a Major and while he may be the most qualified right now, Sergio Garcia would probably get the most attention if he won his first Major.
He would not alter anything about the Race to Dubai as the Dubai World Championship has proven over the last three years to be a strong event on a strong course and it feels like a true end of a race because it truly is the season finale of the European Tour. The FedExCup is a great event as well but the PGA TOUR does not have as clear of an ending. The weather in Dubai is sunny with very little rain which produces perfect golf conditions and when you combine the weather with the five-star treatment at the Jumeirah Golf Estates, you have an incredible tournament experience to close the European Tour season and the Race to Dubai.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process