European Tour analyst Ken Brown is in Sicily this week for the coverage of the Sicilian Open. Matteo Manassero, who failed to earn an invitation to the 2012 Masters, is in the field this week and started with an even par round of 72. Brown says that Matteo is not the longest hitter but he is a marvelous player and someone who is fun to watch. It will be interesting to see how he plays in front of the Italian crowds this week but for the rest of the year, Matteo will have a hard time on long courses but he should play well.
A lot of people in Sicily are saying that Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods are the two favorites with a slight edge for Tiger Woods. Luke Donald’s name is also mentioned in the conversations and Sergio Garcia is someone else to watch. It is very surprising that Garcia has not already won a Major but he is playing well in 2012 and if he could pick a dark horse, Garcia would be the pick.
All of the players on the Ladies European Tour have a lot of respect for Liselotte Neumann. Everyone likes her and they will be behind her 100%. Neumann is the perfect choice for captain of the 2013 European Solheim Cup team just as Jose Maria Olazabal is the perfect choice for the role of captain of the 2012 European Ryder Cup team.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path