Kennerly is the Executive Director for The Honda Classic which has secured early commitments from Rory McIlroy, Lee Westwood, Darren Clarke, and Tiger Woods for the 2012 edition in two weeks. It has been fantastic to get this news and he is very happy at how professional everyone on Tiger Woods’ team has been. This has really been five years in the making ever since The Honda Classic moved to PGA National. He was preparing for the tournament’s Media Day when he got the news that Tiger Woods was going to commit to the tournament with the PGA TOUR.
The Honda Classic has a lot of knowledge of what to expect from having Tiger Woods in your tournament in terms of security, traffic expectations, increased galleries, and increased requests in media credentials. His goal and the goal of everyone in the Palm Beach Gardens area is to make sure that everyone who attends the tournament has a wonderful time and proof of how great the city is the fact that so many players call the area home.
Tiger Woods was the main announcement yesterday but they did not want to overshadow all of the other announcements which involve various charities and community initiatives. To be honest, The Honda Classic is as much of a social event as it is a golf tournament. Tiger Woods as well as his team were very understanding of the desire not to overshadow all of the announcements and achievements yesterday. The whole experience has been wonderful and he is very excited about this year’s edition of The Honda Classic.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth