Kris Blanks finished T4 in the Final Stage of the 2012 PGA TOUR Q School to earn full exempt status for the 2013 season. He has struggled with shoulder injuries for the past few months and in preparation for the Final Stage, he played golf with his friends and was patient during his preparations in order to increase the strength in his shoulder.
The final round of Q School on Monday was a lot more nerve-wracking than he had thought. He had been playing well all week long but once the final round began, he realized the significance of the moment and knew that he did not want to go down in history as one of the biggest screw-ups in Q School history. He knew what number he needed to shoot but he also knew what he could not do and he played the final round with those two numbers in mind.
Many athletes are stupid when it comes to injuries because athletes want to compete and professional athletes also want to provide for themselves and their families. When athletes are injured and cannot play, they are focused almost solely on getting better and returning to competition. In many cases, athletes do return too soon. He is planning to return to rehabbing his shoulder in preparation for the 2013 season and if he continues to feel pain, he will delay the start of his season but he hopes that he will not have any setbacks in 2013.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- SCORING: Bradley leads by 1 | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process