Luke Guthrie earned his first career Web.com Tour win on Sunday in the Albertsons Boise Open and moved to 4th on the 2012 Money List. Since the top 25 earn 2013 PGA TOUR cards, Guthrie has secured PGA TOUR membership for next year. While he is competing on the Web.com Tour, he is also pursuing his business degree at the University of Illinois. Guthrie acknowledged that it was difficult to do homework after winning in Boise but it feels very good to have gotten the work done.
He has 13 hours remaining to earn his degree and his classes for this semester include one business course and two easier classes which will earn him the credits he needs. He is trying to pursue his degree and his career at the same time which is hard work but it will be worth it.
In 2011, he played in the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Invitational which showed him that he could compete at a high professional level. He is happy with the way he has performed this summer but he acknowledges that the travel schedule is very challenging and he has also never played this much golf over a short period of time. Boise was a lot of fun as the people were very nice and the course fit his eye. After his win, he was very tired so his celebration consisted of some buffalo wings and beer before going to bed.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Wind howling at Nelson | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile Bay; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play