Big Break Atlantis Winner Marcela Leon is in the field this week in the Kingsmill Championship on the LPGA Tour as part of her Big Break. It was an amazing feeling to win Big Break Atlantis on top of the fact that it was a great experience. Being in contention to win felt really good and to be able to play in the Kingsmill Championship has been a wonderful reward. It always feels great to be in the competitive arena and she has been looking forward to this week for a while.
This week, she has been able to visit with a number of players who she has been friends with for many years from the Symetra Tour and they have all been so nice and so helpful. She played nine holes for her first practice round in the evening and then the next day she played 18 holes with a couple of friends.
She has learned from Big Break Atlantis to keep going in the pursuit of her dreams and she has learned from playing this week that she needs to improve in certain areas of her game. She was able to do certain things well at times but she is looking forward to practicing more to try to become more consistent on the course.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process