Marty Hackel is the Fashion Director for Golf Digest. The biggest fashion statement of the 2012 PGA Merchandise Show in his opinion was footwear. Every single footwear company now has its own version of the Fred Couples Ecco shoe and even Hank Haney has his own shoe with Crocs. You have a lot of companies who have now gotten involved with golf including Tommy Hilfiger with Keegan Bradley and Dunning with Kyle Stanley while there are a number of newly created companies built around specific players.
Some of the best dressed players include Ian Poulter, Adam Scott, and Luke Donald. He did not mention the name of Rickie Fowler as he is in a unique class by himself. He looks great no matter what he wears and Puma has introduced a line of clothes for juniors that will allow young kids to dress like Rickie in orange.
The biggest fashion faux pas among amateurs in 2012 include wearing white belts with wide waists as well as trying to intentionally match your belt with your shoes. You do not have to try to not make them match, but don’t try too hard to make them match.
Tiger Woods has gone from wearing pleated pants to flat front pants over the years and Hackel is also a big fan of the new shoes that Tiger has been wearing on the course since mid-2011.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process