Michael Breed, Host of The Golf Fix, is involved with Golf Channel’s special programming of 7 Nights at the Academy which begins December 12th at 7PM ET. Looking at Tiger Woods’ win in the Chevron World Challenge and the swing that he won with, Breed thinks that now his shot shape is matching up to his swing shape. If Tiger is trying to hit a cut with his golf swing, most of the time he ends up hitting a cut. The question will continue to be about Tiger’s mental state now vs. when he was at his peak performance in 1999-2000 and 2006-2007. Certain players can control their mind and emotions under pressure and certain players can’t. Tiger has proven in the past that he can do it and now it is a question of whether he can do it again. He likes what Tiger’s swing shape looks likes now.
The one thing that viewers will take from watching Johnny Miller is that he is incredibly knowledgeable and literate when it comes to the golf swing. It is quite possible that there has never been a better mid-iron player in golf than Johnny Miller. Many players past and present have not and do not understand the mechanics of their golf swing. When he played, Johnny Miller was one of a few players who travelled with a swing coach. Breed finds it fascinating that professional golfers have regularly helped out their opponents with swing techniques and advice. The Dallas Cowboys would never advise the New York Giants before a Sunday game but that is one of the unique things about golf.
It is amazing that The Golf Fix has been on for three years and he is very excited about 2012 and getting to do shows where he gets to teach viewers about the mechanics of the swings of the best players in the world and having a lot of fun in the process.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play