Stachura is the Equipment Editor for Golf Digest. He wrote the annual Hot List for 2012 for Golf Digest Magazine and said that everyone has been looking at Callaway Golf to see how they do with their debut in adjustable drivers. The question that many ask is why has Callaway waited so long to get into this market and now that they have, how will they do?
Anchored putters are continuing to grow in popularity as 2011 transitions into 2012. Last year, companies would have gotten some requests and even fewer companies would have submitted them for the Hot List but this year, every single major company is allowing for anchored putter designs. As a result, instead of shortages of them in stores there will be an abundance of them in 2012.
His biggest surprise in compiling the Hot List is the fact that custom fitting has become so important in the production of golf clubs for pros and amateurs. The improved technology has resulted in the desire from amateurs as well as professionals to use custom fitting to help improve their games.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process