Na Yeon Choi is the 2012 U.S. Women’s Open Champion and 2nd in the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings. She said that it is a wonderful feeling to win her first Major and to now be home in South Korea with her family makes the whole experience even better.
After her triple bogey on 10 in the final round, she was definitely angry with herself but on the walk to the 11th tee she was able to calm herself down with the assistance of her caddie. He talked to her about everything other than golf and she was able to relax enough to be able to go on and win.
She went to a mall in South Korea after getting home and she was definitely recognized by a lot more people. It is definitely an interesting feeling being recognized but she knows that as a Major Champion, that is a responsibility that comes with the victory and she is ready for that change in her life.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots