Patrick Warburton is an actor whose notable credits include “Seinfeld,” “Family Guy,” and “Rules of Engagement.” He is the host of the Patrick Warburton Golf for Kids Celebrity Golf Tournament Benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. When he is walking through the airport or elsewhere, the number one thing that people recognize him for is “Rules of Engagement” although it used to be for “Seinfeld.” “Rules of Engagement” is going very well right now after starting slowly and being near cancellation a number of times. The network keeps bringing the show back after potential replacement shows underperform in test runs.
He is not that good of a golfer and has struggled for years but he is working with a teaching pro right now to improve his game. He has loved the game for years and understands that in order to be good you have to nurture your game and allow it to grow and develop. His charity tournament will be held on the weekend of March 2nd at Classic Club in Palm Springs, CA. It is a great event that raises money for a great organization like St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. There will be a jam session on that Friday night of March 2nd that will feature Alice Cooper and Robbie Krieger from The Doors and anyone can come out and enjoy the evening.
When he plays golf, he will bring his kids and their friends with him to the range. After a while, his kids will begin to ask when they are going to go to the range with him. He tried a couple of years ago to get his oldest son into the game but he did not get too serious about golf. Speaking of range, he appeared in a charitable “commercial” with John O’Hurley for range (ran-jea) golf balls a couple of years. John is a great guy and Patrick is proud to call him a friend. He actually got to know John better after they both did “Seinfeld” and did not know him at all when they were on the show.
Looking ahead, he has a couple of movies coming out including “MOVIE 43” which involves Peter Farrelly from the Farrelly Brothers as well as “Ted” with Seth MacFarlane where Seth made him kiss a guy for the first time in his life, which to say the very least, was interesting.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots