European Tour Analyst Paul Eales appeared on Morning Drive live from Kingsbarns in Scotland during the 2nd round of the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship. Branden Grace has won three times on the 2012 European Tour and when asked if Grace has a chance to win the European Tour Golfer of the Year award, Eales said that he certainly has a chance especially if he wins this week and maybe one more time in 2012. Grace graduated from Q-School less than one year ago and is a remarkable story so Eales feels that he has a chance to win the award.
The weather conditions in Scotland are very benign today and everyone is looking to take advantage of the calm weather. Grace shot his round of 60 on Thursday at Kingsbarns and it is not only possible that someone else could go that low today on that course, it is also possible that Grace could shoot another low round on a defenseless Old Course at St. Andrews.
When asked about the decision to not allow Francesco Molinari to concede his Singles match with Tiger Woods during Sunday Singles after Europe retained the Ryder Cup, Eales said that it was important to Olazabal for Europe to try to win the Ryder Cup even after they had clinched a tie because there is a difference between the two. However, since the Ryder Cup had already been clinched by Europe, there was not that much reaction to the decision in Europe because the goal had already been accomplished at Medinah.
Peter Hanson expressed his disappointment this week that Jose Maria Olazabal decided to keep Hanson out of Saturday play during the Ryder Cup. He lost in his Friday Four-Ball match and was expecting to play on Saturday when he was told that he would not be playing at all on Day Two. It is certainly possible that Hanson was trying too hard to play well in his Singles match against Jason Dufner as he went 4 Down early but he staged a big rally to force the match all the way to the 18th hole.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots