In just his third start in 2012 on the PGA TOUR or the Web.com Tour, Tomasulo won the United Leasing Championship in Indiana to cap a 21-month long comeback from a number of injuries that have severely limited his playing time. He went from 200th to 21st on the Web.com Tour Money List with this win.
He said that he had never experienced a tournament where the weather was as hot as it was last week. He has played in some hot and humid events before, but last week was the worst in large part because there was no wind.
He has been very inspired by his friends to succeed especially as he has had to watch them succeed from the sidelines. While he is certainly very proud of his friends, he also has wanted to join them in experiencing success on the golf course and it feels great to do so.
When he had a putt to get into the playoff after driving his ball into the water off the tee on the 72nd hole, he was under a great deal of pressure but fortunately he has been under that kind of pressure before so he had an idea of what he needed to do to make the putt and stay alive.
In January, he tried to play the Farmers Insurance Open through some hip pain and found out that he had a torn labrum in his left hip. After undergoing surgery and taking a few months off, he began to practice again and returned to golf two weeks ago in Wichita where he finished T52 before winning last week in Indiana.
When asked about his opinion regarding the changes to the qualifying process for the PGA TOUR beginning with the 2013-2014 season, he feels that it puts more weight on year-long performance which he supports. Q-School awards just one week of performance and based on what he knows about the changes, he is happy to see more emphasis on the Web.com Tour as well as year-long performance in general.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots