Kyle Stanley’s response to his loss at Torrey Pines with a win at TPC Scottsdale the very next week is evidence of the power of positive thinking. Stanley, as well as a lot of young players, are very strong mentally and after talking with a couple of Stanley’s coaches, he knows how much potential and how much toughness he has. The coaches both encouraged Stanley to slow down and realize what lessons he learned from Torrey Pines before deciding how to respond in his next start.
Spencer Levin blew a 6 shot lead in the final round on Sunday and Rex said that he can anticipate a big comeback from him this week at Pebble Beach. Levin has too much game and he expects a lot of young players to be able to recover quickly. In his opinion, Steve Marino is the most talented player on the PGA TOUR without a win.
When he was in Abu Dhabi, he followed Tiger Woods for almost every hole and while he had some distance control issues, his game overall was as strong as he has seen it in many months and when he did miss shots, he did not miss by much. Rex said that Tiger would be one of his picks this week at Pebble Beach because of both his past experience and the belief that Monterey Peninsula Country Club will be a good fit.
Watching the Super Bowl on Sunday, he said that his favorite commercial was the one for Acura where Jerry Seinfeld and the Soup Nazi were reunited. He is a big Seinfeld fan and the entire commercial felt like a mini-Seinfeld episode.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air