Hoggard was at THE PLAYERS last week and after doing some research, he discovered that Matt Kuchar and Rickie Fowler have a lot in common. When Fowler was growing up, his idol was the motocross driver Jeremy McGrath and only started playing golf around the age of 14. When Kuchar was growing up, he was originally a tennis player and in fact he went to a tennis camp and then decided that he wanted to play golf instead. Matt’s father Peter said that he has a great two-handed backhand and a powerful serve. Both of them were passionate about other sports before becoming passionate about golf.
He followed Kevin Na during the final round of THE PLAYERS and Na was heckled a little bit although it did not reach the level of Sergio Garcia during the 2002 U.S. Open. While Na had to back off on a lot of shots, Na actually improved his pace of play during the final round and made a big effort to do so. Hoggard spoke with Na’s Swing Coach Dale Lynch and he told Rex that the goal for Na is to match his practice swing with his actual swing and that is a big reason behind the discomfort during swing preparation. Kevin Na has never been a fast player but Na made a serious effort to speed up on Sunday and playing partner Matt Kuchar noticed.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process