Lerner will co-host the Nick Faldo episodes of the upcoming 7 Nights at the Academy on Golf Channel beginning December 12th. He is very impressed at how well Rory McIlroy is playing and if he wins in Dubai this week, he would reconsider his vote for Worldwide Player of the Year and pick Rory over Luke Donald. He thinks Rory McIlroy with what he did in The Masters as well as the U.S. Open along with his total performance makes him the story of the year in golf. He will also be convinced that Rory could become World #1 very soon and if Tiger comes back in 2012, there could very well be a long term rivalry between Tiger and Rory established for the future. Luke Donald has done everything but win a Major while Rory has not only won a Major, he has closed the year with some pretty significant fireworks. Even if Rory wins the Dubai World Championship but Luke Donald wins the Race to Dubai, he would still pick Rory for worldwide player of the year because he is putting a premium on the U.S. Open victory. If Rory did not have this late flourish of great finishes, he would not even be considering changing his mind about who he thinks is the worldwide player of the year.
He spent two days with Nick Faldo at his academy in Orlando and had an incredible time. When you are watching Faldo hitting golf balls, he feels as though he is watching a master mechanic work on a great car or a great chef like Bobby Flay in the kitchen. Faldo will take viewers right through the bag and his talent and ability are on full display on 7 Nights at the Academy. He has been as low as a 2 handicap in his life and while he can occasionally hit great shots, he will never be able to have the ability and understanding that Nick Faldo, Johnny Miller, or Raymond Floyd have. He is very excited about the 2012 season in golf and feels that the potential of great moments is endless.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Lewis in LPGA finale
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play