Rich Lerner was the host on Sunday’s Golf Channel coverage of the Kingsmill Championship on the LPGA Tour where Paula Creamer and Jiyai Shin parred 8 straight playoff holes before play was suspended due to darkness.
Lerner is also the host of Legendary Conversation where Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, and Lee Trevino all sat down to talk about their careers and their thoughts on the current state of golf. There are many great things that can be said about Arnold Palmer but one that stands out is the fact that he has such a great personal touch with people. He can meet a complete stranger and make him or her feel like a personal friend. There is a great warmth among all four of these greats when they sit together and he felt very fortunate to be around them to witness the strength of their friendship.
Palmer is the kind of person who likes to pick his opportunities to talk and most of the time does not need to say much but when he does, he often offers up a great perspective or a great one-liner. Palmer is still the dominant figure wherever he is and for his birthday, Lerner expects Mr. Palmer to be playing golf up at Latrobe Country Club in Pennsylvania. He may be the King, but he is like any other golfer or any other person.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots