After starting with a prediction that many people will be watching Morning Drive today, he said that while Tiger’s earnings fell in 2011, no one should be holding a bake sale for him and as the year ended, he won the Chevron World Challenge and signed deals with Rolex and Fuse Science and those will be the first of many more to come.
Luke Donald earned close to $9 million including the FedExCup bonuses in 2011 and with the purses growing in 2012, whoever wins the PGA TOUR Money List will earn more than the $6.7 million that Donald earned last year. Donald started at 87th on the Power List in sports in 2011 and he is interested to see where he will start 2012 on that list.
Schedule changes on the PGA TOUR include moving the Hyundai Tournament of Champions to Monday and further changes to tournament scheduling will only help drive more viewers to golf and with the debut of the NBC Sports Network, Horrow is very optimistic.
Golf ends its 112 year absence from the Olympics in 2016 and he has spoken to Jack Nicklaus who is working with Annika Sorenstam to try to secure the contract to design to 2016 course in Rio de Janeiro. The drive for golf in the Olympics begins this summer at the London Olympic Games.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots