Rickie Fowler, who is 38th in the Official World Golf Ranking, is in Coral Gables, Florida for the Erik Compton Golf Classic which raises money for the Transplant Foundation which provides services for organ transplant recipients and their families. Rickie was honored that Erik asked him to be involved with this special event and it is an honor to get to help raise money for this special cause. He is going to help make this event memorable and enjoyable to all involved and he hopes that they are able to raise a lot of money today.
The Monday before Torrey Pines, he played in Charley Hoffman’s charity event while he played in Ben Crane’s event the Monday after Torrey Pines. He is always honored to be asked to participate in charity events and he does what he can to attend and be involved in them as long as his schedule allows him to be involved.
2012 has gotten off to an OK start in his opinion as he has been growing into his new equipment. He has been close many times this year and felt that his tie for 7th in The Honda Classic was a breakthrough but could not get anything going at Doral last weekend. It seemed like a lot of players were able to make a ton of birdies but he was just not able to do that.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process