2012 Wells Fargo Champion Rickie Fowler participated in The Patriot Cup earlier this year in May. The Patriot Cup benefits the Folds of Honor Foundation which provides scholarships to the spouses and children of those U.S. service members killed or disabled while serving the United States.
The U.S. Military has been involved in a number of international conflicts in his lifetime and the biggest moment for his generation has been the attacks of September 11th. Over the past few years, he has had to chance to meet many people who were impacted by the day and who serve our country to protect our freedoms. He is thankful everyday for the work that they do.
He has had the chance to be around some amazing people who have sacrificed so much for this country. Every story is amazing and it is remarkable and inspiring to see the bravery of so many Americans.
He, Ben Crane, Bubba Watson, and Hunter Mahan are getting back together as the Golf Boys. They have recorded a song and shot a music video which was a fun experience for everyone involved. Fowler said that he is looking forward to the release of the music video because it will be able to help raise money for charity. They are having a lot of fun when they work as the Golf Boys and although no one should expect a hit single, the important thing is that money is being raised for charity.
While he is happy that he earned his first PGA TOUR win this year, he was disappointed that he did not play well enough to be a part of the U.S. Ryder Cup team. After getting off to a good start in 2012, he lost momentum so he is looking forward to getting healthy for 2013 and pursuing his second career PGA TOUR win.
He has worked with Red Bull for a few years now and he recently shot a video with them can be seen on YouTube by going to youtube.com/redbull. He was just one of several athletes to contribute to this project and it was exciting to be involved.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path