Golf World Executive Editor Ron Sirak is in Augusta, Georgia this week for the 76th Masters Tournament. Phil Mickelson seemed uncharacteristically steady last week at Houston and when you look at his Masters career, he has tended to win when he was on a high high or a low low in his game. It will interesting to see which Phil shows up this week at Augusta National.
At the Kraft Nabisco Championship last week, many people did not think that Sun Young Yoo had a chance to win until the first playoff hole. Yani Tseng was in the mix very late until she finished one shot out of the playoff and of course it looked like I.K. Kim was going to win until she missed that short putt. Multiple Korean players have won Majors but just one – Se Ri Pak – has won multiple Majors. Sirak thinks that the reason for the lack of multiple Major Champions among the Koreans is lack of distance.
Golf World Monday becomes Golf World Daily this week during Masters Week. Along with The Masters, this is an incredible week for sports as you not only have the first Major of the year but you also have the NCAA Championship game tonight as well as Opening Week in Major League Baseball.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots