He feels that the success of this Monday finish should be determined by elements including the course and the excitement of play down the stretch. The LPGA Tour will have a Saturday finish for its event in Hawaii in 2012 and he thinks that all tours should consider having more events end on Saturday or Monday instead of Sunday.
It is very hard to turn down a former President when he asks you to play in a golf tournament plus the association with healthy living appeals to the foundations of many players. Phil Mickelson will be at the Humana Challenge for those reasons and he thinks that the Humana Challenge is shaping up to be a very inspiring comeback story after being near the brink of extinction in 2011.
He was at St. Andrews in 2010 when Louis Oosthuizen won the Open Championship so he knows that Oosthuizen is an incredibly talented player. Sirak thinks that Oosthuizen had his hangover year in 2011 and now that that year is over, 2012 will be a big year because Oosthuizen has proven he can win and win big in the past.
Sirak thinks that Hank Haney’s new book on Tiger will contain a lot of information and insights on the golf swing and the mindset of one of the greatest players of all-time. He doubts that there will be a lot of Tiger gossip in the book and what makes this book even more interesting is the fact that it will be written by quite possibly the one person in Tiger’s inner circle who was not bound by a confidentiality agreement.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process