The buzz in the media room after Webb Simpson won the U.S. Open was that many people were surprised that there would not be a playoff and then after that, the discussion changed to the fact that there are now 15 different Champions in the last 15 Majors and Webb Simpson is just the newest great American hope.
Sirak said that he is a big fan of Mike Davis and he feels that Davis got it exactly right at The Olympic Club. The course was great and it proved that it was of Major Championship quality. On top of that, primetime golf was once again a big success and he hopes that the USGA will hold more U.S. Opens on the West Coast in the future.
Michael Thompson held the first round lead with a 66 and then shot 67 in the final round and those rounds helped Thompson secure his PGA TOUR card for 2013 as well as invitations to the 2013 Masters and the U.S. Open. He is yet another name we can add to the list of talented young Americans.
There were so many great stories this weekend at the U.S. Open and Sirak even tweeted that he could not remember a Major Championship that had so many great stories. While he had a tough decision to make, you want to be in that position because you have an embarrassment of riches and plus there are so many writers that many different stories can be covered and given the treatment that they deserve.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management