Ron Sirak is the Executive Editor of Golf World. Ryo Ishikawa finished runner-up in the Puerto Rico Open one year to the day after the horrific earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan. Last year, he was in Miami for the WGC-Cadillac Championship and it was absolutely devastating for him and everyone whether they were from Japan or not. Ryo showed a lot of guts yesterday with his runner-up finish.
Sean Foley has been most closely associated with Tiger Woods but Foley is currently making news as two of his other students – Hunter Mahan and Justin Rose – have won each of the WGC events in 2012. Rose has now added a WGC win to his list of wins that includes the 2010 Memorial Tournament, 2010 AT&T National, and 2011 BMW Championship. All are very prestigious and now he is starting to think more about his chances in Major Championships in 2012.
The Executive Director of the AJGA did a survey among its players and found out that 25% of them do not eat breakfast before tournament rounds and many of the ones that do are not eating healthy breakfasts. It is great to see the AJGA get actively involved in trying to improve the health of the kids who play in the AJGA and who really are the future of competitive golf. The Humana Challenge did a lot of great work earlier this year and AJGA is now continuing in that direction.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- Bradley holds onto Nelson lead after Day 3 | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: Nordqvist's 61 in Mobile mix
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process