Golf World Executive Editor Ron Sirak is in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida this week for THE PLAYERS. Rory McIlroy has taken back the World #1 with his runner-up finish and Sirak said that we are an interesting place in golf right now with Tiger Woods not dominating anymore. There is so much parity in the world of men’s golf and in 19 tournaments on the 2012 PGA TOUR, only Hunter Mahan has won more than once and he has won twice.
The World Golf Hall of Fame induction ceremony is tonight and many people feel that course designer A.W. Tillinghast should be in the Hall of Fame. He designed famed courses like Winged Foot GC and Ridgewood CC and over the years many inductees have had people lobby the Hall of Fame for their induction and it is possible that all Tillinghast needs to be inducted is someone to lobby on his behalf.
May is PGA of America’s “Welcome to Golf Month” that is an initiative being conducted in partnership with Golf Digest. While there are many people who play the game, there are also millions of potential golfers and the goal of this month is to try to introduce people to the game of golf for the very first time.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path