Sirak is in Australia this week for the Presidents Cup. He considers the International team to be the favorite this week. He is in love with Royal Melbourne as it is an incredibly strategic golf course and shows that you do not need length to be a challenging test of golf. The international team has 5 Australian members who are familiar with both the course and the style of course and Royal Melbourne was the site of the only Presidents Cup win by the International team in 1998. Plus the U.S. team has more than a few injury concerns.
While Phil Mickelson has been elected to the 2012 World Golf Hall of Fame class, Ken Venturi was not. When you look at the whole of his career, you have his amateur success, 14 PGA TOUR wins, the 1964 U.S. Open win, and over 30 years as the lead analyst for CBS Sports despite growing up with a stutter. There are more deserving people when you look at playing career only but when you add the broadcasting career, there is no doubt in Ron’s mind that Venturi should be in the Hall of Fame and hopes that he will get in somehow.
Yani Tseng has won 7 times including 2 Majors and enters the season-ending CME Group Titleholders having clinched virtually every single award and the lead in every single notable category including money. The only thing for Yani to do this week in Orlando is add a 12th worldwide win as well as a big winner’s check which would be the icing on the cake for an unbelievable 2011 season.
While flying to Australia, Ron watched the entire Godfather trilogy and when asked about his favorite part, he said Part II because he enjoyed the use of flashback as well as the strong performances of De Niro, Pacino, Keaton, Duvall, etc.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots