The playoff on the LPGA Tour’s Kingsmill Championship will continue on Monday after Paula Creamer and Jiyai Shin made 8 pars on the 18th hole which was used for the playoff. In hindsight, the LPGA Tour may have made a mistake in using a tough par 4 for the playoff but some blame has to be laid at the feet of Creamer and Shin as well because they each had multiple opportunities to win the tournament and failed to do so.
Michael Jordan will be an “advisor” to the U.S. Ryder Cup team at Medinah and will be in the team room with the players. Jordan and Captain Davis Love III have known each other for a very long time and Love III has said that he wants Jordan to be involved with the team especially after seeing Jordan’s influence on the last 2 U.S. Presidents Cup teams.
Hunter Mahan shot 80-77 last weekend after he did not receive a Captain’s Pick for the U.S. Ryder Cup team. Mahan has admitted that he was empty after hearing the news and he is just very exhausted. Mahan’s reaction should be proof enough that the U.S. players really do care about the Ryder Cup.
This year’s FedExCup Playoffs has given fans and players alike what they want this year. You have three events late in the year involving the best players in the world and many of them will go straight from the TOUR Championship to the Ryder Cup.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process