The playoff on the LPGA Tour’s Kingsmill Championship will continue on Monday after Paula Creamer and Jiyai Shin made 8 pars on the 18th hole which was used for the playoff. In hindsight, the LPGA Tour may have made a mistake in using a tough par 4 for the playoff but some blame has to be laid at the feet of Creamer and Shin as well because they each had multiple opportunities to win the tournament and failed to do so.
Michael Jordan will be an “advisor” to the U.S. Ryder Cup team at Medinah and will be in the team room with the players. Jordan and Captain Davis Love III have known each other for a very long time and Love III has said that he wants Jordan to be involved with the team especially after seeing Jordan’s influence on the last 2 U.S. Presidents Cup teams.
Hunter Mahan shot 80-77 last weekend after he did not receive a Captain’s Pick for the U.S. Ryder Cup team. Mahan has admitted that he was empty after hearing the news and he is just very exhausted. Mahan’s reaction should be proof enough that the U.S. players really do care about the Ryder Cup.
This year’s FedExCup Playoffs has given fans and players alike what they want this year. You have three events late in the year involving the best players in the world and many of them will go straight from the TOUR Championship to the Ryder Cup.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae