Ryan Graff is the Senior Director of Curriculum and Research for The First Tee. The First Tee has partnerships with numerous golf courses and a decision was made to offer more than just golf to the students of The First Tee in order to provide participants with an experience that would teach lessons in both golf and life.
Scott Langley, who won the 2010 NCAA Individual Championship title, earned his PGA TOUR card at Q School this week and he got his start in the game of golf through The First Tee. In 2006, he paired with Dana Quigley to win the Pro-Junior portion of the Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach and it was great to see him finish T16 four years later in the U.S. Open which was also at Pebble Beach.
The participants in The First Tee are their customers and the organization is constantly working with them to find out which elements they like and which elements they don’t in order to provide the best experience possible to the highest number of people.
Graff has a 1.4 handicap and is the current Club Champion at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. In his preparations for the Championship, he applied a number of the lessons that he taught to the participants in The First Tee and he was able to play with a lot of confidence as he competed for one round each on the Stadium Course and the Valley Course.
Tags: The First Tee
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae