Alabama’s lead dwindled from 11 to 2 during the third round and Herrington added that they led by 15 at one point on the back nine until the pressure of the NCAA Championship set in. Brooke Pancake made a pair of double bogeys on her back nine and now we really have a tournament. The final round should be very interesting.
South Carolina has quietly jumped up the leaderboard and when you consider their past success, they are a team to watch in the final round. Any team within six shots of Alabama and that would include Southern California, Purdue, South Carolina, and Virginia has a chance to win the NCAA Championship today.
The name in the top 5 that surprises him most is Oklahoma sophomore Chirapat Jao-Javanil who is tied for the 54-hole lead with Arizona State’s Giulia Molinaro. She has won twice this year but the National Championship is a different arena. She still thinks that Brooke Pancake of Alabama is the one to watch and at one back, she is in position to come back and win.
Duke’s Lindy Duncan is T17 after 54 holes and while she will likely be Player of the Year, she just has not had a good week in Tennessee. Duncan definitely feels the pressure of the tournament and it is possible that that pressure has led to rounds of 70-75-75.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots