Ryan Moore is not only making his 2012 worldwide debut this week in the Humana Challenge but he is also making his debut as a brand ambassador for the Arnie Clothing Line which is a partnership between Quagmire Golf Clothing and Arnold Palmer Enterprises. He does not do a lot of endorsements but he has decided to endorse this company simply because of the involvement of Mr. Palmer. The people with the Arnie Clothing Line came to him last year with the offer of being involved with the line and Ryan accepted quickly when he learned about the company’s offerings and about Mr. Palmer’s involvement.
The branding and styling of the clothing is about Mr. Palmer and Ryan has always felt that Mr. Palmer had and has great style when he is on the golf course. He plans to research what Mr. Palmer would wear on the golf course to try to get the look as accurate as possible.
When he played in The Masters for the second time, he was paired with Mr. Palmer for the first two days so he has had a number of opportunities to ask him whatever questions he wanted. Just to be able to spend time with him is a great privilege and now to be able to work with him is even better.
Having grown up in Washington State and now living in Las Vegas, he is used to the conditions of the golf courses in the entire region and as a result he has always enjoyed playing the West Coast events and he has been able to play well on a number of occasions.
He loves match play and it would be a wonderful thing to be a part of the U.S. Ryder Cup team at Medinah but the only way that that is going to happen is if he plays great golf in 2012 and he intends to go out to try to do just that. He has been in the running in the past for spots on U.S. match play teams but was not able to quite get onto those teams so he would definitely like to get over that hurdle this year.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Rose remains in field for Travelers Championship
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path