The teams for the NCAA Women’s Regionals have been announced. There are three sites across the country with 24 teams each. The top 8 teams from each regional as well as the top 2 individuals who are not a part of a team earn places in the NCAA Women’s Championship. The regionals are 54 holes and the teams count four out of the five team member scores as teams can drop the worst score from the team total. Some teams will try to win the Regional while others will simply try to get into the top 8 and Burkowski said that he leans towards teams who are trying to peak for the National Championship.
When it comes to early favorites for the 2012 title, Burkowski said that for the team title he is looking at UCLA and Alabama and for the individual title he is looking at Duke’s Lindy Duncan who is rewriting the record books at Durham although he also mentioned Amy Anderson who won the 2009 U.S. Girls’ Junior Amateur and has had a great career at North Dakota State University. The great thing about the NCAA golf regionals is that you will see the best teams move on but you will also see a few lesser known schools qualify for the National Championship as well.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots