Golf Channel Reporter Steve Sands is in Charlotte, North Carolina this week for the Wells Fargo Championship at Quail Hollow Club. The reaction to Tiger’s decision to do a web conference for fans instead of a news conference has been interesting. The media is certainly complaining about the decision as they feel they should be able to ask Tiger questions. Players are questioning the decision and by and large they disagree with the choice. Tiger could not do this at THE PLAYERS or the Memorial Tournament so the Wells Fargo Championship has to be the week where Tiger experiments with this idea.
He has spoken with Defending Champion Lucas Glover who has been injured for much of the 2012 season. He injured himself while paddle boarding at Kapalua and Glover also injured his ribs during The Masters although he played at Augusta National as well as the week after in the RBC Heritage. A lot of people are hoping that Glover is healthy and that we will start to see great play from Lucas again later this season.
The 17th hole at Quail Hollow has undergone some changes as they have moved the location of the tee boxes which creates a new angle. The new tees make the hole less intimidating although it is still intimidating and based on the pin position the green is much more receptive this year than it has been in the past. There should be a lot of excitement at 17 this year and the players almost unanimously agree that the changes have made the 17th hole better.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process