- Swede Leads
Peter Hanson carded 7 birdies in his last 12 holes to take the 54-hole lead in The Masters. Hanson is -9 and he is trying to not only to win his first major, but also the first for his home country of Sweden.
- Phil on Fire
Phil Mickelson shot 30 on the second nine en route to a 3rd round 66. He's now just one shot back with 18 holes to go in his quest for a 4th Masters win.
- Giving Chase
Louis Oosthuizen is 2 back and Bubba Watson is 3 back. They will be in the penultimate pairing. Matt Kuchar is 4 back at -5 while 4 players are tied at -4 including Lee Westwood and Hunter Mahan.
- Struggling Stars
He trailed by one heading into the 3rd round, but a 77 dropped Rory McIlroy back to +1. Tiger Woods failed to birdie or eagle a par 5 for the 2nd straight day and for only 4th time as a pro. He shot an even par round to remain +3 for the tournament.
7:15a ET: Mark Rolfing, Golf Channel on NBC Analyst
7:30a ET: John Hawkins, Golf Channel Contributor
7:45a ET: Tripp Isenhour, Golf Channel Analyst
9:15a ET: Chris DiMarco, 2005 Masters Runner-up
WATCH & LISTEN TO TODAY'S ACTION
Best of Morning Drive Week of April 2-8, 2012 > Watch Recap Now
*WEB EXCLUSIVE* Most Masters Pressure? > Watch Now
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“The Final Countdown” by Europe
“Living in America” by James Brown
“Sweet Emotion” by Aerosmith
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Monday, April 9
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth