- 4 More Years
PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem received a 4-year contract extension to lead the tour thru 2016. Finchem was appointed Commissioner back in 1994.
- 3 in Sights
Charl Schwartzel is going for 3 wins in a row in the European Tour's Joburg Open.
- 2 Withdrawals
Lucas Glover's 2012 begins with 2 straight withdrawals. Glover says his sprained right knee is getting better -- but not ready for competition. He injured the knee paddleboarding in Maui last week.
- 1 More Event
The Nationwide Tour announces a new event just outside Charlotte, North Carolina. The Chiquita Classic will be played this September at The Club at Longview.
- Finchem Will Remain Commissioner Thru 2016
- Twitter Frustration for Banks
- Foreclosure Activity Down 34% in 2011
- Ford Minivan and SUV Recalls
7:12a ET: Bertha Coombs, CNBC Business Report
7:25a ET: Scott Williams, Weather Channel Report
7:45a ET: Annika Sorenstam, World Golf Hall of Fame Member
8:15a ET: John Feinstein, Golf Channel Contributor
8:45a ET: Geoff Shackelford, Golf Digest Contributor
WATCH & LISTEN TO TODAY'S ACTION
Best of Morning Drive January 12, 2012 > Listen Now
*WEB EXCLUSIVE* Aloha Sony Open > Watch Now
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
"Heartbeat City” by The Cars
“Remedy” by The Black Crowes
“Miserlou” by Dick Dale & His Del-Tones
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com this week at 7AM ET
Friday, January 13
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take