That is exactly what 34-year-old Matt Dobyns did in winning the 2012 PGA Professional National Championship by a record setting 8 strokes. The PGA Head professional at Fresh Meadow Country Club in New York broke Sam Snead’s 40-year-old record for largest margin of victory and Dobyns earns a spot in the Season's Final Major and six PGA TOUR Exemptions over the next year.
- Major Invites
19 additional players punched their ticket to Kiawah Island in August for the PGA Championship including University of Illinois coach Mike Small, 58-year-old Darrell Kestner who will be playing in a Major Championship in a fifth straight decade, and Michael Frye who survived an 8-man playoff for the final spot.
- Oh Captain, My Captain
U.S. Ryder Cup Team Captain Davis Love III made two of his assistant captains official on Wednesday in announcing that Fred Couples and Mike Hulbert will help lead the American Squad at Medinah in September. Love III is expected to announce two additional captains over the next few weeks.
- Showing Off
World #5 Suzann Pettersen will be among the 27 athletes taking it off for the fourth annual "Body Issue" in ESPN the Magazine. The Norwegian will be the highest ranked player male or female to be featured in the issue.
- U.S. Supreme Court Will Decide Fate of ObamaCare
- Barclays Interest Rate Probe Escalates
7:12a ET: Bertha Coombs, CNBC Business Report
7:25a ET: Alex Wallace, Weather Channel Report
7:30a ET: David L. Brown, Web.com Chairman, President, & CEO
7:45a ET: Annika Sorenstam, World Golf Hall of Fame Member
8:15a ET: John Feinstein, Golf Channel Contributor
8:30a ET: Julian Tutt, European Tour Analyst
8:40a ET: Webb Simpson, 2012 U.S. Open Champion
WATCH & LISTEN TO TODAY'S ACTION
Webb Simpson Interview > Watch Now
Best of June 28, 2012 > Listen Now
Web.com Tour is New Proving Ground > Watch Now
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“Magnificent” by U2
“The Word” by The Beatles
“Golden Years” by David Bowie
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Friday, June 29
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots