When asked about Martin Kaymer’s first win since the 2011 WGC-HSBC Champions in the Nedbank Golf Challenge, Rosaforte said that the revival in his game actually began during the PGA Championship. He had spoken with Kaymer after shooting a high score in the first round at Kiawah Island and Kaymer was optimistic about his game and his future and then of course we saw what he did at the Ryder Cup when he made the putt to retain the Cup for Europe. Kaymer may have gotten off track when he tried to introduce a draw to his game but it seems like he is well on his way back to being among the top players in the world. Kaymer may not have spent much time at World #1 but when he was there, he belonged there based on his very strong performances.
Keegan Bradley finished runner-up this week but he received some heckling from a spectator who called him a cheater for anchoring his putter. The USGA issued a statement and an apology and Bradley told him that slights like that only serve to motivate him. It was very unfortunate that Bradley had to deal with that in the aftermath of the proposal of the USGA and the R&A and Rosaforte hopes that Bradley and others will not have to continue to deal with hecklers because of this issue. There is a 90-day period where individuals and organizations have a chance to discuss this proposal and it seems as though the PGA TOUR is not entirely on board with this proposal. He would not be surprised to see the rule either accelerated or altered in some way at the end of this 90-day period.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots