He caught up with Matt Kuchar after he won THE PLAYERS and Kuchar was in the Player Dining area of the Clubhouse with his family. They were very relaxed and sitting around a large table as Matt was feeling great after earning his first win since the 2010 Barclays. Many people say that while Matt smiles a lot and seems like a pleasant person, he is but he is also someone who has a killer instinct and also likes to give the needle the way Phil Mickelson likes to tease people sometimes.
While Matt Kuchar has likely earned a place on Davis Love III’s 2012 U.S. Ryder Cup team, Rickie Fowler really wants to secure a place of his own. While he has made great strides with his win in Charlotte and his runner-up finish in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fowler desperately wants to return to the Ryder Cup after his initial experience in 2010. Fowler rallied on the back nine on Sunday and made it clear that he wanted to be under pressure coming down the stretch and that he wanted to win.
Kevin Na led after 54 holes before finishing tied for 7th and while he certainly got a lot of attention for his pre-shot routine, he also got a lot of attention for the way he handled all of the criticism. Na really endeared himself to the fans and the media by smiling, laughing, and being self-deprecating about his habits. Unfortunately, Na was heckled quite often during the final round but overall he seems to have become an almost sympathetic figure not only because of his routine but also because of the way he has handled the situation.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process