He caught up with Matt Kuchar after he won THE PLAYERS and Kuchar was in the Player Dining area of the Clubhouse with his family. They were very relaxed and sitting around a large table as Matt was feeling great after earning his first win since the 2010 Barclays. Many people say that while Matt smiles a lot and seems like a pleasant person, he is but he is also someone who has a killer instinct and also likes to give the needle the way Phil Mickelson likes to tease people sometimes.
While Matt Kuchar has likely earned a place on Davis Love III’s 2012 U.S. Ryder Cup team, Rickie Fowler really wants to secure a place of his own. While he has made great strides with his win in Charlotte and his runner-up finish in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fowler desperately wants to return to the Ryder Cup after his initial experience in 2010. Fowler rallied on the back nine on Sunday and made it clear that he wanted to be under pressure coming down the stretch and that he wanted to win.
Kevin Na led after 54 holes before finishing tied for 7th and while he certainly got a lot of attention for his pre-shot routine, he also got a lot of attention for the way he handled all of the criticism. Na really endeared himself to the fans and the media by smiling, laughing, and being self-deprecating about his habits. Unfortunately, Na was heckled quite often during the final round but overall he seems to have become an almost sympathetic figure not only because of his routine but also because of the way he has handled the situation.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth