Bo Van Pelt won by 6 shots in Malaysia and he spoke to Bo yesterday. Van Pelt had no problem sleeping in preparation for the final round although he did lose a little sleep over his Oklahoma State Cowboys. He made 25 birdies and an eagle and he takes great pride in the fact that he was able to close an event to win and originally Bo did not even want to play in Malaysia. Van Pelt is on his way to Shanghai and is excited to play two straight in Asia.
Sergio’s resurgence began in 2010 when he was an Assistant Captain for the European Ryder Cup team and the passing of Seve Ballesteros further inspired him to get his game back. Sergio was Seve-like in the way he has played the last two weeks and now he has some joy back in his personal life and his golf game. When things are going well, he is one of the most exciting players in the world to watch along with being one of the best.
Ken Duke won the Nationwide Tour Championship and Duke’s teacher and mentor Bob Toski had felt that Duke had become a bit complacent over the past couple of years. Toski encouraged Duke to recommit to his golf game and by cracking the whip a bit with Duke, he is now returning to the PGA TOUR and their next goal is The Masters.
Webb Simpson’s has dramatically improved his fitness over the past year but another important aspect to his rise in 2011 is the hiring of Paul Tesori as his caddie. The veteran Tesori has been able to keep Simpson focused on the golf course with all kinds of advice including swing advice and Tesori may well be the most valuable caddie and instructor of 2011.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process